Sunday, July 21, 2013

I'm Going on Vacation.

Bad news readers.  This week I'm going on vacation.  That means no reviews this Monday or next as I've been running around getting ready to go out of town instead of playing games.  I know, where are my priorities.  I'll be back with weekly reviews starting on the first Monday of August.  But hopefully between now and then I can post a few more session reports of some games.

I keep trying my hand at Field Commander Alexander, but after having effortlessly gone through all 4 scenarios, now that I'm trying to document my conquest for posterity, the dice are refusing to play nice.  Somehow I don't think anyone wants to read several pages of me rolling a 1 for every scouting roll, and missing every combat roll as well.  Why just last night, I spent 5 turns outside Halicarnassus, attempting to intimidate it into submission.  The first time I only needed a 4, 5 or 6 to succeed, and I failed.  The second time I only needed a 3, 4, 5 or 6 to succeed and I failed.  The third time I only needed a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 to succeed...and I failed.  And so ended Alexander's conquest, and my patience with dice for the weekend.

But I digress.  I'll be enjoying my vacation, and I hope everyone else is enjoying there Summer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment